The moment current employees become ex-employees they become a potential security threat. Depending on the circumstances of the separation, most simply move on without incident. Operative word: most. To safeguard against the fraction of those who may try to extract revenge, HR and IT can pair-up for effective incident prevention:
- Before or during the termination meeting, revoke the soon-to-be former employee’s computer, network and data access privileges, including any remote dial-in credentials.
- Take possession of all company-issued key cards, computers and mobile devices, and wipe or remove the person’s email account.
- Remove their name from generic (“all company”) and specialized email distribution lists.
- Change the individual’s telephone voicemail password and delete their outgoing message.
- Issue a password reset notification to the employee’s closest collaborators.
Want to gain an even deeper IT perspective on employee termination? Give us a call today at TeamLogicIT Plano 469.573.3743 or contact teamlogicitplanotx.com.
TeamLogic IT Plano, a Team of IT Support consultants, offers premium IT services in the Dallas-Fort worth Metropolitan Area. Our IT services range from basic IT support to advanced security support for small- and medium-sized businesses. Contact TeamLogic IT Plano, one of the best IT Consulting Company in the Dallas-Fort worth Metropolitan Area.