Managed IT Support Services Plano
Dallas Managed IT Services
Researchers say cyber criminals introduce thousands of ransomware attacks daily against businesses and organizations of all types and will cost companies worldwide $20 billion this year. Ransomware infiltrations disrupted utilities, commerce and businesses in large sectors of the U.S. economy. Because of this, The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Agency, part of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, revealed a new initiative called the Joint Cyber Defense Collaborative. This partnership with industry engages the support of tech giants—such as Amazon, Microsoft® and Google—to fight organized cyberattacks by improving planning and information sharing between government and the private sector.
Per an article in the Wall Street Journal, Jen Easterly, the agency’s director, said cybersecurity “has to be a whole-of-nation effort.” Three ways for making cybersecurity a whole-of-the-business effort is through cybersecurity maturity, cybersecurity framework, and cybersecurity “Zero Trust”.
WHAT IS CYBERSECURITY MATURITY?
A mature cybersecurity program can identify, protect, detect, respond, and recover in a way that goes beyond cybersecurity compliance, but meets the unique data security risks posed to each company based on their product or service, size, industry, and technology architecture.
WHAT CYBERSECURITY FRAMEWORK SHOULD A BUSINESS FOLLOW?
The Cybersecurity Framework of the National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) heartens businesses to follow these seven action-oriented steps:
- Prioritize information assets and related risks
- Enlist frontline personnel
- Integrate cyber-resilience into enterprise-wide processes
- Develop an integrated incident response
- Integrate security into technology environments
- Provide layers of protection for most important assets
- Deploy active defenses
WHAT IS “ZERO TRUST” CYBERSECURITY?
Zero Trust is a security framework requiring all users, whether in or outside the company’s network, to be authenticated, authorized, and continuously validated for security configuration and posture before being granted or keeping access to applications and data. Zero Trust assumes that there is no traditional networkedge; networks can be local, in the cloud, or a combination or hybrid with resources anywhere as well as workers in any location.
In an article by Chris Hughes, “7 Tenets of Zero Trust Explained” he sheds light on its importance to businesses:
- Consider everything—data or device—a computing resource, from mobile services through cloud services to data servers on premises.
- Secure all communications regardless of network location—a critical perspective. Here, TeamLogicIT can assist with remote workforce support.
- Grant access on a per-session basis, which means trust in identities or devices from past sessions doesn’t transfer to future ones.
- Make access policy dynamic, taking behavioral and environmental factors into account.
- Monitor and measure the integrity and security posture of all owned—and associated—assets, because everything is connected.
- Strictly enforce authentication and authorization. This can be accomplished with the help of IT support companies before allowing access.
- Collect as much information as possible about the current state of assets, network infrastructure and communications to improve security posture.
Security has slowly shifted from personal networks to the internet. The reason for this paradox is the convenience and efficiency of company’s transmitting sensitive, personal information over the internet. Unfortunately, hackers are getting smarter and bolder. The cost of disruption caused by breaches and the loss of important data can cripple a business and damage its credibility. That is why cybersecurity by a Managed Services provider must be a top priority for business owners.
Disaster Recovery from a cyberattack requires a proper approach to remediate and restore lost or compromised data and return your systems to full operations. To learn more about Business Continuity Planning and IT solutions that can provide industry leading technology and procedures to return your company to normalcy as quickly as possible, call TeamLogicIT Plano at (469) 573.3743 or contact us through our website teamlogicitplanotx.com.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CYBERSECURITY
How do you perform a Cyber security Maturity Assessment?
A Rapid7 Cybersecurity Maturity Assessment engagement is divided into three phases and consists of onsite interviews, remote phone or video interviews, a validated external vulnerability assessment, email phishing, and a detailed review of policy documentation and operational procedures.
What are the three main concepts of zero trust?
There are three key components in a zero trust network: user/application authentication, device authentication, and trust.
TeamLogic IT Plano, a Team of IT Support consultants, offers premium IT services in the Dallas-Fort worth Metropolitan Area. Our IT services range from basic IT support to advanced security support for small- and medium-sized businesses. Contact TeamLogic IT Plano, one of the best IT Consulting Company in the Dallas-Fort worth Metropolitan Area.