“As digital-first becomes the norm, we can no longer take a purely defensive stance against cyber-attacks,” Emily Heath, DocuSign’s Chief Trust & Security Officer writes for Protocol, a tech news service from the publishers of Politico.
Instead, Heath argues that companies “must prepare for how to maintain operations and deliver outcomes despite them.” Which is why, she asserts, today’s business risk conversation is “shifting from cybersecurity to cyber-resilience.”
What is “Cyber Resiliency?”
Here’s how the National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) defines the term: “The ability to anticipate, withstand, recover from, and adapt to adverse conditions, stresses, attacks or compromises on systems that use or are enabled by cyber resources.”
How strong is your organization’s cyber resiliency? Heath advises asking five questions that we have paraphrased here:
- What systems matter most? Every company’s answer will be different.
- Where is it? Security levels need not be the same for every system everywhere – at least not right away.
- How do we secure it? Think about what’s appropriate now and anticipate the next level.
- How vulnerable are we? Answers should direct your focus.
- How ready are we? Assuming that crisis is coming is the first sign toward recovery.
Each question deserves deep discussion. Call TeamLogicIT Plano (469) 573-3743 or go to teamlogicitplanotx.com to facilitate the conversation and, afterward, help implement your plan.
TeamLogic IT Plano, a Team of IT Support consultants, offers premium IT services in the Dallas-Fort worth Metropolitan Area. Our IT services range from basic IT support to advanced security support for small- and medium-sized businesses. Contact TeamLogic IT Plano, one of the best IT Consulting Company in the Dallas-Fort worth Metropolitan Area.