Moved by high-profile events, such as the Equifax breach and others, senior executives are acknowledging cybersecurity’s indispensable role in their digital business strategy, and thus, greatly upping support for IT and security teams. That’s Trend Number One from a recent study released by Gartner, which also includes:
2) The rise of Machine Learning. ML will continue to provide value in narrow, well-defined tasks. By 2025, its pairing with security technology will be the new normal, Gartner says, as companies use ML to address such issues as insider threats and adaptive authentication.
3) The impact of mandates. The Cambridge Analytical scandal and others highlight the risks inherent in handling customer data. Looking ahead, Gartner advises companies to develop full data management programs–not just those centered on compliance–because “The legal and regulatory environment [e.g. the EU’s GDPR] is getting even more complex.” Other Gartner-reported trends to put on your radar:
4) The emergence of cloud-based, near real-time security;
5) New threats to centralized cloud architecture, and
6) Geopolitical risks in future security and infrastructure purchases.
Mohammad (Mo) Nilforoushan is a trusted Technology Advisor in North Dallas who has completed his BSEE from Cleveland State University and a MS in Solid State Physics from Bowling Green State University. He has worked as a Product and Test Engineering Manager for 15 years with RCA/Harris, Dallas Semiconductor and Texas Instruments. He was also Director of Operations at Microtune Inc. between 2002 to 2015. Mo started his own company, “TeamLogicIT Plano” in 2015 with a mission to deliver excellent Managed IT Services in Dallas and Plano, TX with innovation and updated technology. The TeamLogicIT Plano team, which includes his wife Kathleen Stewart (marketing/sales) provides excellent IT Support, Computer Services, Cloud Computing, Backup, and Disaster Recovery, with second to none customer service. Call us at (469) 573-3743 or contact our email PlanoTX@TeamLogicIT.com.