Hope you had a chance to read our previous post on Cybersecurity-Part One.
Whether you are an individual, a small business or worldwide industry, we rely on computer systems every day. Interface this with the quickening of cloud services, smartphones and the Internet of Things (IoT), today we have an extreme number of cybersecurity threats that didn’t exist a few decades ago.
Cybersecurity is important because it umbrellas everything that is related to protecting our sensitive data, personally identifiable information, protected health information, personal information, intellectual property, data, and much more. Although the use of cybersecurity and information security have been used interchangeably, there is a difference between the two.
Cybersecurity is concerned with protecting electronic data from being compromised or attacked such as computers, servers, networks and mobile devices a business relies on. In contrast, information security is concerned with protecting information and is generally focused on the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CYBERSECURITY TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS?
- Protects your business – The most important benefit of cybersecurity solutions is that a Managed IT Services provider in Dallas and Plano can help with comprehensive digital protection to your business against viruses, worms, malware, spyware, and other unwanted programs which may cause serious threats to your system or network.
- Protects from data theft – Data thefts is the act of stealing digital information stored on computers, servers, or electronic devices of an unknown victim with the intent to compromise privacy or obtain confidential information. Information can include anything from financial information, like credit card numbers or bank accounts, to personal information, like social security numbers, drivers’ license numbers, and health records. It is best to contact a computer network consultant who can managed backup and data recovery in Dallas during this crisis.
- Protects from cybercriminals – Hackers are people deliberately trying to break into a website. One of the easiest attacks is called a DDoS, or Distributed Denial of Service attack. This means the hacker overwhelms your website with traffic from all kinds of sources. If the hacker is successful, there will be a server down, the website will crash. Using tough passwords, changing passwords at least every week, clearing your browsing history, avoiding Wi-Fi, employing anti-virus protections, and working with an IT support company who has Managed Services are all critical measures that can help secure and protect a business.
- Reduces Website crashing – A Website going down could be from bots or actual people maliciously trying to hack into it. There are a lot of bots on the internet, and a lot of them carry virus software. They are like the insects of the internet. They crawl around the internet and try to find websites to break into. As a business, if your system becomes infected, there is a real chance that the website will be forced to shut down. This means there will be lost money from missed transactions, but a business will also lose customer trust, credibility, as well as damage to a system.
- Protects Personal Information – One of the most valuable assets in the digital age is personal information. If a virus is able to obtain personal information regarding your employees or customers, they are quite capable of selling that information on, or even using it to steal their money.
- Protects Productivity– Viruses can slow down personal computers to a crawl, and make working on them practically impossible. This can cause a lot of wasted time for your employees, and can often bring your entire business to a standstill.
- Rejects Spyware– This is mostly used for the stealing information and storing Internet users’ movements on the Web and serving up pop-up ads to Internet users. Whenever spyware is used for malicious purposes, its presence is typically hidden from the user and can be difficult to detect. A great cyber security IT solution by a Managed Services provider in Plano is one that prevents spyware from taking effect and ensures that your employees’ actions remain private and confidential within your workplace.
- Assesses IT environment – A comprehensive review of Plano it companies environment by a Managed Services provider needs to be undertaken because vulnerabilities and gaps within the infrastructure need to be identified. These assessments (system, network, security, compliance and regulatory) will provide a road map to set priorities and develop the remediation strategy to fortify your business.
- Concentrates on multiple solutions– The best types of cybersecurity for your business will offer comprehensive technology solutions to protect against a diverse range of issues. Ideally, your security must include a firewall setup, anti-virus, anti-spam, malware tools, email filters, wireless security and online content filtration.
- Consults with IT Experts– It might be unpleasant to hear, but most cyber criminals will have much more experience than your average employee when it comes to digital crime. By IT outsourcing with a great Managed Services company, the business owner can support the backup and recovery team with features and security in a business continuity plan needed to effectively fight against even the most determined criminal.
- Offers training – Human error is one of the top causes of system failure due to lack of education. All businesses, regardless of the size, must ensure all staff understand cybersecurity threats and how to mitigate them. This should include regular training and a framework to work with that aims to reduce the risk of data leaks or data breaches. It is critical to train staff on best practice security policies, protocols, and what to look for to protect your business from breach or exposure. This can be accomplished through technology consulting by a Managed Services Provider.
Recovering from a cyberattack requires a proper approach to remediate and restore lost or compromised data and return your systems to full operations. It needs to apply industry leading technology and procedures to return your company to normalcy, as quickly as possible. For dealing with cybersecurity threats visit the TeamLogicIT Plano website or give us a call at (469) 573-3743..
Mohammad (Mo) Nilforoushan is a trusted Technology Advisor in North Dallas who has completed his BSEE from Cleveland State University and a MS in Solid State Physics from Bowling Green State University. He has worked as a Product and Test Engineering Manager for 15 years with RCA/Harris, Dallas Semiconductor and Texas Instruments. He was also Director of Operations at Microtune Inc. between 2002 to 2015. Mo started his own company, “TeamLogicIT Plano” in 2015 with a mission to deliver excellent Managed IT Services in Dallas and Plano, TX with innovation and updated technology. The TeamLogicIT Plano team, which includes his wife Kathleen Stewart (marketing/sales) provides excellent IT Support, Computer Services, Cloud Computing, Backup, and Disaster Recovery, with second to none customer service. Call us at (469) 573-3743 or contact our email PlanoTX@TeamLogicIT.com.